V. Ramakrishna Polytechnic College
(Near to Thiruvottiyur Railway Station)
Chennai - 600 019. Tamilnadu.
Highlights about V.Ramakrishna Polytechnic College (VRP )
- VRP College was established in 1982 by V. Ramakrishna Charitable Trust to perpetuate the memory of the founder late Sri V. Ramakrishna.
- It is the first self financing Polytechnic of Tamil Nadu
- It is situated in the northern part of the city of Chennai against a background of an industrial belt, extending over 14 acres with all facilities for focused and fun filled education
- The year 2007 marked the 25th Anniversary of the College and this milestone was graced by His Excellency Hon'ble Shri. Surjith Singh Barnala, then Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- The College is committed to uplift youth of the community through quality training, technical consultancy and other related services.
Affiliated to DOTE and approved by AICTE, the college offers Diploma courses in 6 disciplines with an intake of 120 students in Mechanical Engineering & 60 students in Automobile Engineering and in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and 30 students in each of the other branches.
-- Civil Engineering
-- Mechanical Engineering
-- Automobile Engineering
-- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
-- Electronics & Communication Engineering
-- Computer Engineering