AWARENESS ON TOBACCO
AWARENESS PROGRAMME ON TOBACCO AND DRUG ABUSE
Usages of Tobacco and drug abuse are the leading cause for various cancers. An awareness programme on Tobacco and Drug abuse was conducted on 18th September 2018 on campus to create awareness among students about various health problems associated with usage of tobacco and drugs. Around 70 students from all departments participated.
The resource person Mr. Divyarajprabhakar Psychologist, Cancer Institute, Chennai elaborated on:-
- Risk factors
- Forms of Tobacco
- Why people start smoking
- Diseases caused by tobacco and drug abuse
- Various cancers from head to toe
- Withdrawal symptoms and how to cope
- Benefits of quitting smoking
- Tobacco cessation center – Cancer Institute (WIA) Adayar, Chennai. Phone – 044 22351651, 9962276628.